Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 24th, 2012 Christmas Eve

It was a rough week.  We were in all different places and it was hard to get a rhythm.  Monday we were in Guadalajara, Tuesday in Ciudad Guzman, Thursday night we slept over in Guzman because we had to go to Colima Friday for a Christmas party with the missionaries from 3 different zones.  It was kind of crazy.  And then we get home Friday night and I insists that we baptize him the next day.  What!?  So we went over there and went over the baptismal interview questions and he knew them really well, so we planned the service, mostly because we didn't want him to get discouraged by telling him no when finally he was ready and excited.  He passed his interview Saturday morning and was baptized that afternoon.  All seemed to be going well, until he didn't show up for his confirmation on Sunday.  Why?  Because he didn't feel like it.  I was pretty bugged about that.  How can you call us the night before insisting that we baptize you and then not come to your confirmation?  But we went and talked to him after church and hopefully he'll come this Sunday.  

It's been a little stressful training.  Elder R has been kind of sad and hesitant to do anything this week, and we haven't really had time to calm down.  Also, we don't have a whole lot of investigators right now, so we're looking for new people and praying that we'll find them.  

The Christmas party thing was really great.  Elder A, Elder C, and R were there, so that was fun to see them again.  Elder A calls me about every two hours to say he misses me.  Kind of funny.  Our zone was assigned to perform "What Child is This?" at the party, and I played piano while another Elder from another zone played violin.  We spiced it up a little bit and it was pretty sweet.  It was fun to do that kind of thing again.  

We also had a Christmas party in our branch Saturday night and it was really great.  I'll explain more later because we are running out of time.  

Tomorrow we have district class in Ciudad Guzman in the morning, so I won't be able to talk until about 4:30-5 ish, so like 3:30 over there.  We have an hour to talk.  I hope that's ok.  Be looking for me that whole time.  If that doesn't work out, I don't really know what to do.  Maybe I'll call you, or send you an email with a number you can call tomorrow in the house of the member where we are going to talk.  But I'm confident that it'll all work out.  

Pray for me a lot.  I have a lot of responsibility right now - I have to teach a new companion everything he needs to know and run this crazy area at the same time, and I've never even been senior companion before.  I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm trying my best.  I love you all so much and I can't wait to talk to you tomorrow! Have a great Christmas!  Don't forget the reason we celebrate this holiday -- for the gift our Father in Heaven gave to us.  Use that gift in your lives, the gift of His Son and His Atonement.  He lives and loves each one of you.

Hasta mañana

Elder Pew