Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8th, 2013

So I just barely got done reading all the birthday wishes that were sent to me this week. Thank you everyone!  And Timo, no, your birthday means absolutely nothing on the mission.  It's better that way, trust me.

Well, this week went pretty good.  Of the investigators we found last week, the ones that are really progressing the most are R, S, and S, a family of three that we found contacting R in the street one day.  S is 12 and S is 7, their dad works and lives in Guadalajara and only comes to visit them about once every 2 weeks.  They are super Catholic.  S had open heart surgery recently and is very close to God.  They are all really receptive and awesome, especially little S.  At the closing prayer of our lesson yesterday, he told us that he felt like Christ was in his heart, and that he heard a voice that said "Follow me."  Pretty awesome!  They're getting baptized the 27th.  Unfortunately they didn't come to conference, but we'll keep trying.  

We're still working with R, who accepted a baptismal date for the 27th also.  He's awesome.

We found a new investigator named A, who is not from J so naturally she's super receptive and also has a baptismal date for the 27th.  

We invited everyone to conference, but unfortunately J was the only investigator that came.  But fortunately, he's getting baptized this Saturday and we're super excited about that!  

I got to see a lot of conference  (watch it here).  They showed it here in S, and it was 100% Spanish this time, which wasn't really that big of a problem.  I saw Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, and most of Sunday afternoon, unfortunately I missed Priesthood session, so I'm going to try and download it on my mp3 when I have the chance.  It was awesome!  I feel the same way mom, kind of sad when it ended.  But now we have 6 months to study everything!  Awesome.  I feel like they all spoke about things that I have been studying a lot lately:  obedience, the nature of God, families, unity, it was all there.  It made me feel like I'm headed in the right direction with this little branch.  

Well, I'm out of time.  Love you all! Oh, and Timo, if you're still working on that song, it's best to write the melody, then the chord progression, and the lyrics can go either first or last.  But I kind of just did it however it came, and that's probably what will happen with you also.  Good luck!

Elder Pew