Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15th, 2012

First things first: Happy Birthday Gwen!  I hope you had the best day ever!  How are you already 6?  You need to stop growing up!  I hope you are having fun with your build-a-bear. I love you!

Happy birthday Emily tomorrow!  One more year and you can date and drive.  How do you feel about that?  Because it makes me kind of sick to my stomach.  But hey, congratulations.  Are you getting your permit yet or no?  I think I was 16 when I got mine, so you´re not lame if you wait a little bit.  Or you're at least only just as lame as we.  But whatever.  Have a lovely day, ok?  Ok. (yes, both girls have a birthday a day apart)

Ok, well, while we´re congratulating still, Emily King's engaged!? Awesome! Someone congratulate her and Michael for me.  Also, that's cool that Hannah Abbot's engaged too.  And I don't know if you heard, but Jay Jorgensen got his mission call to Uruguay!  Super excited for that boy.  Keep stalking my friends and updating me on these things, ok?  Thanks.

Alright, well, this week was a good one.  We found a new family with 5 kids!  Ages 6 (M J), 8 (M), 9 (M S),10 (M G), and 11 (R).  Their mom (M) seems really receptive to us and like she is ready for change in her life, so it could be good.  The kids are great, also.  They couldn't come to church this week, but since when does anyone come the first week?  

We also found a new lady named C.  She actually has an aunt who is a member who lives in Arizona, and she went to church with her a few times over there and loved it.  So when we talked to her and asked if we could come back and teach her, she invited us right on over.  She has been reading the Book of Mormon and enjoying it (obviously), so that's good.  She didn't come to church though and we aren't really sure why.  We'll find out tonight, I guess.

The N family didn't come to church.  Again.  So they can't get baptized this week.  They are literally the most busy people I have ever met.  They all have testimonies though, and they say they are trying to rearrange their schedules so they can come, the problem is that they are doctors who do appointments in people's houses and have had some of the same clients for years and years, so it's going to take some time to get that all sorted out so that they can keep the Sabbath day holy.  But hopefully they can still get baptized while Elder Heath is here.  

A the magician moved out of nowhere, so hopefully he finds the gospel wherever he is now.  

We had a hard time getting a hold of M this week.  We finally found her home on Friday.  I guess last Sunday she had to take her baby to the hospital, and then Tuesday she took her other daughter to the hospital, and she was sick the whole time too.  On top of all that, her family has been having financial problems.  She was a little discouraged.  She actually started smoking again.  But when we were there, she told us she wanted to keep progressing, to get back to where she was before all that stuff happened.  We talked about faith and gave her a blessing and it was a really spiritual lesson.  She asked us to keep coming and not leave her so she could keep feeling the Spirit.  It was really great.  But then she didn't come to church again.  So I don't really know what we're going to do about her.  She needs a lot of prayers.  It's amazing how fast people forget their testimonies without the gift of the Holy Ghost (and with it, sometimes).  That is why it is so important to always strive to have the Spirit with you to remind you of the testimony you have already received and the way you've felt when you gained that testimony.  That's why it's important to write down spiritual impressions, too.  How many times do we leave a super spiritual sacrament meeting, general conference, fireside, or something like that thinking "I am never going to sin again!"  And how easily do we forget these feelings!  We need always remember.  Always reflect on what you have learned and felt to help keep that excitement for living the gospel.  

I'm turning pink and getting fat.

I is doing great.  We had a super spiritual lesson with him about the plan of salvation this week. Once again, he gave the closing prayer and felt the spirit so strong he cried!  He said he really realizes now that we are children of God and how awful God feels when we are not obedient.  Yes!  He came to church again (on his own this time) and he will get baptized as soon as he can quit smoking and drinking.

We met J's younger brother yesterday.  Who would have guessed?  

G told us this week that she wants to get baptized as soon as possible!  She is totally ready, she just had to come to church one more time.  And she did!  So we have been planning her baptism this weekend!  My first one!  I am so excited!!!  Also, I think we are going to do a special musical number featuring me playing something on the guitar.  I'm not sure which song yet, but I've figured out a couple hymns and primary songs on Elder Sosa's guitar, so I'm pretty excited about that too.  But mostly I'm just happy that G is getting baptized!  Yes!

Ok, well, I'm about out of time.  Sounds like you are all doing well.  Keep being great.  Endure to the end!  Progress every day!  Become more like Christ, and you'll be happier.  And we'll be an eternal family someday.  I love you all!  Have a great week!